How to link
1) You read the rules and the requirements
2) You have a stable IRC Server
3) You submit an application. Please fill out all the data correctly and give as much information as possible regarding bandwidth description.
4) You wait for the routing committee to check the subtimed info
5) If everything is ok, the voting will begin. Only committee members are allowed to vote.
6) If the voting result is YES, the application will advance to TESTLINK. The ircd's configuration will be verified and other issues before the server will be linked.
7) Please note that your application can be rejected at any time.
If you manage to link a server to our network, you must take the following rules into consideration:
A server can have a maximum of 1 global IRCop and 2 local IRCops
Linking a server does not mean you will get global access to our channel services
IRCops are not allowed to use their powers over registered channels
IRCops should only use their powers on channels if: there was a takeover; there is abuse; no one has op in that channel
IRCops are not allowed to disconnect users or servers without a good reason
IRCops are not allowed to use mode +k or similar and are not allowed to have offending/abusive vhosts
Advertising your server on the network will not be tolerated
IRCops are not allowed to do anything that could result in damage to the server or its users
IRCops should take action against channels, should they find any illegal activities going on in those channels
In order for you to link a server to our network, the following conditions should be met:
You must be allowed to host the server
The server must not be a hacked one
You must have physical access to the server
You must have knowledge about how to set up and maintain an IRC Server
If the server name includes the name of a location, the server should be located there
The server must have a static IP Address
The server must have at least 256 kbps bandwitdh for upload and download
The server's hardware and bandwidth must be able to support the ammount of users specified
The server must not be involved in any illegal activities
The server must be secure and capable of reaching at least a couple of days uptime
The server must not host any open proxy servers
The server's time and date settings should be correct for its location
The server must allow incomming icmp echo (ping) requests.
The IRCD used must be compatible with the P10 protocol.
The server's operators should spend some time on the server, should any problems occur
You must a good reason why you want to link, just saying "I want to link because I want to an IRCop is not enough"
|#ID||Server Name||Aplicant||Apply date||Status||Comments|
|1||clown.universalnet.org||BOMBER||2019-05-03 22:22:25||Accepted||Welcome to UniversalNet :D|